|Choosing the right partner for your practice is vital, but in today's complex healthcare environment the task can seem overwhelming. Here's a list of questions you can use to help you explore your options and select the partner that's right for you.
Questions to ask a billing company:
- How long have you been in business?
- What is your expertise in my specialty?
- What is your client/staff retention?
- Do you outsource any part of the process?
- Is any work done outside the USA?
- Are the outsourcing partners reliable? HIPAA compliant?
- Who will we be working with to implement?
- Who will we be working with on an on-going basis?
- What type of front end claim edits do you utilize?
- What additional fees do you charge? (postage, printing, courier)
- Who will answer patient questions?
- What do patient statements look like?
- What are the average days in A/R for your current book of business?
- How will your monthly reports reconcile to bank statements?
- What professional organizations are you affiliated with?
- What kinds of safeguards are in place for security of data back-up?
- Have you ever been investigated for fraud or abuse?
- What is your insurance coverage for errors and omission?
- What are your company's future goals?
- What clearinghouse do you use? Do you submit direct to carriers?
- How often do you submit claims?